From Head of School – Education, Professor Sue Gregory
Open Day 2023 – 5 May
Thank you to all the School of Education staff who turned out for a lovely day for UNE’s Open Day, to welcome potential new students. Many staff assisted in our School of Education tent and thank you to Martin Levins for once again hosting Drummond Memorial Public School to demonstrate STEM Education. See attached photos.
Welcome (and congratulations)
Congratulations to Dr Haoran Zheng – begins with the School of Education on 1 June 2023 as a Lecture in Early Childhood Education (STEM)
Congratulations to Dr Genevieve Thraves – begins with the role 27 June 2023 as a Senior Lecturer in Learners, Learning and Teaching
- Level B in Learners, Learning and Teaching
- Level B/C Leadership Education – AITSI designated position
- Level B in English, Languages and Literacies
Dr Devrim Yilmaz departed UNE on 3 May 2023. We wish him well in his new endeavours.
Congratulations to the following people and their teams for receiving Unit Commendations for T3, 2022
- John Greenway (and team) – EDLT500 – Planning for Effective Learning (External)
- Andrew Simpson (and team) – EDEE100 – English Language in Use (External)
- Maria Cotter (and team) – EDUC503 – Teaching for Cultural Diversity-EAL/D Students (External)
- Stafford Cameron (and team) – EDUC540 – Classroom Management and Research: Online PrEx 10 days (External)
- Dr Casey Mainsbridge – new Course Coordinator for the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- We are still looking for a Course Coordinator for the Master of Teaching (Primary/Secondary)
School of Education Seminar Series
- Stephen Grono, Cat Volpe, Ingrid Harrington, Kristy O’Neill, Rachael Adlington:“Building relationships, facilitating student engagement, designing a School-wide signature pedagogy” presented on Wednesday 17 May 2023. You can catch up on sessions that you may have missed.
- One Year Masters – not happening 😊
- ASCILITE – free membership for all in the university. Please ask Sue how to do this – join a SIG, social media, monthly newsletters, webinars, research schools, CMALT, TELAS, AJET, mentoring – community and women in academic leadership, grants, awards, bursaries, peer-assisted learning and AJET.
- PPDR – Please start meeting with your Head of Department about setting your goals for 2023. Ensure you discuss Teaching, Research and Service/Leadership outlining SMART Goals (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound).