Originally from Walcha, NSW, Brooke Morris graduated from O’Connor Catholic College, Armidale, in 2013 and took two gap years in North Queensland before returning home to commence her Bachelor of Accounting (Agribusiness) at UNE. She resided in Robb College for the first two years of her study and completed her final year externally from Tamworth.

“I decided to study at UNE because of its highly regarded reputation in the Agriculture field”, says Brooke. Her hope was to combine her interests in business and accounting with her passion for agriculture.

“I was able to do this by majoring in Agribusiness whilst doing an accounting degree and still managing to satisfy the prerequisites for starting my CA or CPA… I felt it broadened my career paths, instead of simply just going straight into accounting.”Brooke Morris in blue shirt and Akubra

The opportunity to be involved with Farming Futures was also a highlight of Brooke’s experience at UNE. In 2017, Brooke was appointed Treasurer of the Farming Futures committee. This was an opportunity outside of her studies to again combine her interests in agriculture and business.

Brooke also joined the team at local accounting firm, Roberts and Morrow, where she worked throughout her degree. “I found my skills from UNE were extremely valuable,” Brooke comments.

Speaking just before her graduation in October, Brooke was excited to celebrate what she has achieved at UNE.

“Graduation for me means a way to celebrate finishing an important part of my life. It will be a way of recognising that I now have a qualification that can open doors and extend opportunities in which I was not able to before finishing my degree.”

Following her graduation, Brooke plans to continue working at Roberts and Morrow and begin her CA and CPA. Brooke also looks forward to improving the small property she shares with her partner, and finding time for her hobbies such as campdrafting and sport in her spare time.