Human Resources Advisor- Junior
- Engaged Leadership Team
- Fast paced and challenging role
- Based – Inverell, New South Wales
Bindaree Food Group is a vertically integrated supply chain business delivering global meat solutions and has solidified its position as a prominent leader in the Australia meat industry. People are our greatest asset and health and safety is put first.
We currently have an opportunity for an individual that has completed a undergraduate or post degree in Human Resources. They will ideally have some experience in Human Resources and a familiarity with systems and process and able to navigate their way around an EBA or Award.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong self-confidence!
The role of Human Resources (HR) Advisor – Junior is interested in joining our team and learning how we undertake our processes currently and be part of the plan that we are undertaking to develop quality systems and processes.
Based in Inverell NSW the successful candidate will report directly to the HR Manager and will be integral in assisting with the day to day operations of the HR team as well as play a key role in engaging with Plant Supervisors and Staff to ensure best practice HR operations.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing timely and accurate advice and support on generalist HR queries;
- Ensuring plant mannings are effective and assisting with recruitment and data collection;
- Carrying out HR administration including assisting with on-boarding, employment agreements, variations and ensuring compliance;
- Supporting the HR Manager and Operational Managers to achieve improved people performance outcomes and culture change;
- Conducting and supporting HR and employee relations investigations;
- Assisting with carrying out performance management, employee relations and disciplinary procedures; and
- Involvement and assistance in HR projects and identifying process and system improvements.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Completed HR degree and have a high level of confidence in reading EBAs and modern awards.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact / collaborate with people at all levels;
- Ability to build and maintain valuable internal and external relationships and networks;
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service with strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and anticipate requirements using initiative;
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Ability to grow with the business and further develop your skills; and
- Prior experience in HR is not necessary but preferred.
- A preference will be given to local (New England) hires.
Your friendly positive nature and attitude will ensure that you can react quickly and efficiently to your daily tasks which will be varied and challenging. You will need to lead by example – doing the right thing even when no one is watching! We are looking for someone with an innovative outlook and a desire to improve process and systems.
It is an exciting time for HR in our business as we set out to achieve new objectives, improve our systems and support our people. This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best in the industry and includes a varied role with excellent opportunities to develop, and to work with an engaged and passionate team and a great executive leadership team. An attractive remuneration, based on skills and experience, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting vacancy reference number 1064/2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss your interest in confidence please contact Jim Roussos, Human Resources Manager on (02) 6721 1411.
Applications close 15 August, 2020.
Please note, applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore we encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity. Applicants must have valid working rights and be willing to provide a current national police check and take Q-Fever vaccinations (a requirement to work in our environment).