UNE Armidale Campus is in Phase 1 of our Return to Campus framework. Tamworth and Taree are open to staff and students with controlled access, whilst UNE Metro at Parramatta is still subject to Stay at Home Orders .
We are hoping that we can commence Phase 2 in the phased Return to Campus in the very near future, to allow our academic staff to provide on campus teaching to fulfil student progression requirements.
To inform the University’s preparations, there is a short survey through which UNE is seeking additional information to help guide future decision making. Your support in completing this survey is much appreciated.
Understandably, this is trying for everyone, evolving and changing on an hourly basis. Our number one consideration is our duty of care to our staff, students and community, and all are appreciative of the ongoing understanding and flexibility.
In preparation for Phase 2 and a greater number of staff on all our sites, please note:
- Return to work on campus, (Armidale, Tamworth and Taree) remains by application to your supervisor.
- Returning staff need to refresh their knowledge of our COVID Safe plans by completing a new staff induction.
- Estate and Built Environment (EBE) have been working to make sure all campus facilities are ready for staff and student phased return including appropriate cleaning and heating.
- Next week we will holding a rapid antigen testing (RAT) pilot with college students to determine future process requirements with potential applications as an option.
- As the University reverts back into our normal activities, we are continuing to proceed with an abundance of caution in restricting travel outside of local LGA’s unless there a critical reason to do so. Research applications for travel need to go through the Research Response Team (RRT) by emailing: email@example.com
- If you are able to return to one of our campuses, reminder to use QR codes when entering our buildings and to wear masks at all times in indoor areas.