UNE alumnus Duy Nong was recently named one of the top five Early Researchers nationally in Social Sciences in The Australian’s Research 2020 magazine. 

Duy’s connection with UNE began in 2011 when he enrolled in a Master of Economics. He followed it up with in a Ph.D. in Applied Economics, again at UNE, which he completed in 2016.

“It was one of the best times in my life when I really enjoyed the living and studying environment at the UNE Business School and the New England region,” Duy said of his time at UNE.

“I was equipped with strong economic knowledge through lectures of which I feel so thankful when I go to work in many different places in the world – places like Colorado State University, the University of Bonn, and now CSIRO.

“I have also received great support during my research career from my supervisors and former professors, even after I completed my study at UNE several years ago. They have responded to my questions even at night, weekends and public holidays!

“I also experienced the world-class services provided by all UNE staff, particularly the Human Resources department, International Office, Library, and obviously the UNE Business School.”

Duy said it is his great honour to be named among the top five Early Researchers in Social Sciences in Australia. 

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank many people at UNE, such as Prof. Mahinda Siriwardana, Dr. Sam Meng, Dr. Judith McNeill, A/Prof. Nam Hoang, A/Prof. Stuart Mounter, and former A/Prof. Warren Halloway for their supports since 2011 and for their contributions to my success.”