The default UNE Theme for blog.une.edu.au has just been updated to version 1.1 and now properly supports widgets.
- If you don’t know what widgets are, don’t worry, nothing will change with your blog.
- If you know what they are and want to use widgets on your UNE Themed blog, complete the following steps:
- Login to your ‘Dashboard’.
- Select ‘Presentation’.
- If your “Current Theme” is “UNE Theme 1.1”, you can select ‘Widgets’.
- Drag and drop the “Available Widgets” you want to use onto your sidebar in the order you desire and customise them as you see fit.
- ‘Save Changes >>’
Then you will have a lovely customisable sidebar with the ability to add a calendar of posts, a textbox with your own HTML code and many other options.
If this update has caused a problem to your blog, or you’d simply like to know more about using widgets, please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
And if you use a particular widget on another WordPress blog that we don’t have yet at UNE, email me with the details of what it does and I’ll look into the possibility of getting it installed.
Ross M. W. Bennetts