Today, Monday 29th August, is the last day to withdraw without academic penalty for Trimester 2. If you need to withdraw from a unit, doing so before this date will mean that you will receive a ‘Withdrawn’ Grade. This grade does not impact your GPA. You will, however, still incur the cost of the unit.
Tips for staying enrolled and getting back on track…
- You might like to consider booking in for a Study Gym session with our Counselling Team.
- Check out our Time Calculator Tool, where you can input the amount of hours you allocate to each aspect of your life, such as work, sleep, leisure and of course, study.
- Go through our Academic Skills Office Time Management Page, to identify your time management strengths and weaknesses, download free planners and view example schedules.
- We highly encourage keeping in touch with your Unit Coordinators for assistance, to engage in your Moodle forums and to use our Academic Skills Office when you feel like you are struggling with content.
Thinking of withdrawing? Here are some things you might like to consider…
Withdrawing now would mean:
- You incur the cost of the unit.
- The unit counts towards your Student Learning Entitlement (SLE).
- The withdrawal grade will be regarded as an unsuccessful attempt in the calculation of your completion rate.
- It may take longer to complete your course.
Remission of Fees and other options:
If you have experienced Special Circumstances that have negatively impacted your ability to continue with study, there are a few options that may be available to you, including Remission of Fees.
Withdrawing is the first step in seeking a Remission of Fees. To apply for remission of fees, the following criteria need to be met, with supporting evidence provided. If you need assistance applying for a Remission of Fees, you can contact your Student Advocacy Team.
- The circumstances were beyond your control and unexpected.
- The impact fell on or after the Census Date – Monday 18th July (T2)
- This circumstance made it impossible to complete the unit requirements.
- Prior to the event you were on track to passing the unit.
Still not sure?
Get in contact with us! We are happy to chat about your circumstances and your options to assist you in making the most informed decision about how to proceed this trimester!