Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships for 2021 are now open: Applications close 15th September.
The Pinnacle Foundation has opened up scholarship applications for young LGBTIQ+ Australians! They aim to educational scholarships, mentoring and opportunities for young LGBTIQ+ Australians to realise their full potential and overcome challenges arising from their identity.
These scholarships close on the 15th of September.
To be eligible for consideration for a Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship, you must meet every one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident (proof required during application stage)
- At least 17 years of age, and younger than 27 years of age, on the day of closure of applications (15 September)
- Identify as a member of the LGBTIQ+ community
- Have achieved good or reasonable scholastic results given your circumstances
- Will be undertaking full-time studies.
Eligible applicants will be assessed for a Scholarship by the Selection Committee and State/Territory Committees based on the following selection criteria:
- Have faced, and attempted to overcome, challenges because of your identity and/or sexual orientation and/or sexual characteristics
- Have personal or social circumstances which may hinder completion of your education. Personal and social circumstances may include whether you are first in family to attend a tertiary institution, identify as being from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, are from a non-English speaking background, have been in foster care, have been homeless, or were raised or live(d) in a regional, rural or remote area of Australia
- Can demonstrate sufficient motivation to complete a course or the remaining years of a course (as the case may be) of full-time study and demonstrate an understanding of the rigors of academic life
- Are clear about where your studies may take your career; and
- Are proud to be a part of a diverse Australian community, including with respect to gender identity, sexual orientation and sexual characteristics.
For more information on the different scholarships and how to apply, please check out The Pinnacle Foundation webpage.