Dixson Library Update: Virtual support, resources and information – Stay up to date with access points
As a result of the Direction of the NSW Minister for Health under the order of the public health act Public Health (COVID-19 Gatherings) Order (No 3) 2020, UNE has made the decision to close physical access to the Dixson Library at the UNE Campus to all students and the community effective 1 April.
What this means to you as a student:
- Library virtual support services are available to all students and staff. These include online chat, phone, email & virtual drop-ins.
- All Students are still able to access all books and resource materials through the mailing service and digitisation request.
- Current books on loan do not need to be returned until June 29.
- Access to Online resources available through Library Search.
- Our Ask A Librarian team is available to help you online.
- Join our online classes for research skills, and publishing and research management.
- For international and domestic HDR candidates we are working towards ensuring that we comply with UNE’s HDR minimum facilities policy and we are confident that there should be very little disruption. If you rely on campus facilities and have concerns please contact your supervisor in the first instance.
- For all students accessing the library facilities including desktops, scanners, printers, eduroam and as a study space, UNE has provided E-Lab 1, ground floor, ITD building (C034).
UNE Facilities Management have provided an appropriate layout that meets current social distancing and social gathering parameters. More areas will be provided for students needing these spaces and facilities.