We’ve officially entered the examination period for Trimester 3, 2019. Exams begin this morning and will run through until Monday 10th February. Good luck to everyone who is sitting an exam (or a few) over the next couple of weeks!
We know that this can be a stressful time and that unexpected circumstances can still pop up, so if you need a hand, please remember our team of Student Advisors are around from 8am-6pm weekdays on 02 6773 2000. You can also reach us through Live Chat, by email through AskUNE or by connecting through our social media on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Starting the day before your exam, we’d also encourage you to work through the checklist below. This can help to calm your nerves and reassure you that you’re ready to head out the door, or that you’re ready to sit down to your computer (if you’re taking your exam online) .
- Re-check your Exam timetable, location and venue instructions in your myUNE portal
- Consider which preparation materials are helpful for you
- Make sure you have your UNE Student ID or a Driver’s Licence or Passport (some kind of photo identification – it does NOT have to be your Student ID)
- Remember to turn your mobile phone off! Mobile devices (including iPods, iPads etc) are not permitted in Exams, so do not bring them
- Pack your bag the day before. Make sure you’ve got everything you need (pens, pencils, eraser etc) and have a few backups. Remember to take your texts if it’s an Open Book Exam
- Relax. Yep, I know it’s difficult to relax at exam time, but you’ll perform better!
If you’re interested in techniques for how to tackle your exam once it begins, you might find Meg’s previous blog post helpful. The Exam Day Strategies tip sheet from our support resources might also be useful for you.
If you’re sitting an online exam we’ve got guidelines especially for you, here!
Exams have started but it’s not too late to decide to sit your exam online in your own space instead of travelling to an exam centre. In most cases, you can also choose your preferred start time.
If you have done exams online before, just book in via ProctorU.
About half of all exams are offered online now, and the list is on our webpage.
No late exam centre change fee applies to sitting your exams online but there is a late booking fee (USD$12) for the Try It Out exam if you book within 72 hours. If you encounter any troubles with this please give our Student Advisor Team a ring on 02 6773 2000.