Asylum Seekers and Refugees: UNE Scholarship is available; apply now
The University of New England has established this scholarship to support students from refugee or asylum seeker backgrounds to undertake tertiary study at the University of New England. The inaugural UNE Scholarship for Asylum Seekers and Refugees will be awarded in 2018.
The scholarship will be $30 000 per year towards your tuition fees. If your fees for the year are less than $30 000 per year, you will be able to access what is left over for ling expenses.
The scholarship is open to applicants who:
- Hold a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); or
- Temporary Protection Visa (TPV); or
- are currently on a Bridging Visa or in Community Detention in Australia and have made an application for a Protection Visa (SHEV, TPV or Permanent Protection Visa)
- Preference will be given to applicants already holding or applying for an SHEV and is a commencing (rather than continuing) student.
- You must satisfy the UNE English Language requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/study/international/eligibility/english-language-requirements
- You must must live in Armidale for the duration of the scholarship (up to a maximum of 3.5 years as required under the SHEV).
For further information contact Scholarships on 02 6773 2000.