On Campus Students: Orientation 2018; what to do if you missed it
If you are an On-Campus student, and you have missed On-Campus Orientation, there are some things you can do to get yourself prepared for your transition to University.
- Pick Up a Commencement Pack from the Library – it has a bunch of stuff that will help you get started including the New Student Guide
- Complete the Student Success Program (Online Orientation) in Moodle – although you are On-Campus, a lot of your study will still be done online, you need to know your way around Moodle. While you are there, complete the Academic Integrity Module, this is compulsory, you will not be able to submit work online until you complete it.
- Find your First Year Advisor and have a chat, they can help provide you with the Academic Support you need to get off to the best possible start.
- Find support specific to you – if you are in a college, get to know your Resident Fellow, If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student, get to know the team at Oorala Aboriginal Centre, On Campus Students living in town can get in touch with UNE Townies through Facebook, International Students can get in touch with UNE International.
- Get your ID card and your parking sorted with the team at Safety and Security
- Get to know your school and its support staff, find your unit coordinator or course coordinator and have a chat, especially if you have enrolled after the start of teaching (5 Mar).
- Get in touch with the Student Support Team with any questions or concerns you might have.