IT maintenance outage: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 December – 6AM to 6PM: bookmark direct links and download important materials
Published On December 7, 2017 | Opportunities and Events
The next IT maintenance is scheduled for Saturday 9 December and Sunday 10 December between 6am and 6pm each day.
As a result, some services will experience periods of disruption.
Network upgrades are scheduled for the following buildings, which will result in a 4 hour loss of network to each building:
• C26 – Maths and Computing Science
• S05-S07 – Psychology precinct
• C13 – Health and Medicine
There will also be an upgrade to the wireless network which will result in a period of (up to) 30 minutes where the UNE wireless network will unavailable campus-wide.
For other areas, you can expect intermittent outages as systems are restarted following maintenance updates. Network connections as well as internet access will be unavailable in different locations across campus during the day.
For off-campus students: Moodle and student email should NOT be affected.
- No work is planned on Moodle. However, we recommend that you download any materials (such as readings and lecture recording) you require over the weekend to your local system to make sure you have access in case of any on-campus network outages or disruptions that affect connections to local systems.
- If access via MyUNE is not available, please access your units directly in Moodle (http://moodle.une.edu.au/)
- Student Email (Office365 emails @myune.edu.au) should be available throughout the day.
This event is one of ITD’s scheduled maintenance windows, during which essential work is carried out to enhance and improve University systems. The schedule of maintenance windows for 2018 can be found on the ITD website (http://www.une.edu.au/staff-current… ).
Service Desk support will be available during the weekend (9am – 5pm) – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or http://une.service-now.com/ if you are experiencing problems after the maintenance outage.
Source: M Linnemann – Manager, Service Delivery