“Oorala 30” Open Day: Tuesday 31 Oct, 10 – 3 – Oorala & Graduation Walk; celebrate 30 years of Oorala
Take a break from your routine and enjoy the Oorala 30 Open Day – Celebrating 30 Years. Be welcomed as Oorala celebrates its successes with:
- Performances by Isaiah Firebrace, Rodger & Buddy Knox, Christian Sternbeck & the Birabun Dancers, BackTrack – Paws Up, and the Duval Deadly Dancers
- Cooking Demonstrations with Clayton Donavan
- Weaving, Painting and Flint Knapping Workshops
- Storytime, a Sea of Hands and painting for kids
- A film and a talk on the importance of language
- Oorala Art Exhibition & 30 Year Slideshow
- Museums and tours and plenty of food
Isaiah Firebrace Performs
X Factor winner and Australia’s Eurovision entry, Isaiah Firebrace, will be our special guest and will perform at the Oorala 30 Open Day at UNE. The boy from Moama has been transformed from a small town singer to one of Australia’s most successful artists. Isaiah, who loves the energy of the crowd, will surely win the hearts of Armidale when he performs as part of this ‘Celebrating 30 Years’ event.
Cooking Demos with Clayton Donovan
Clayton Donovan, hatted chef and bush food evangelist, will be sure to tempt you with his cooking demonstrations. Clayton started learning about native produce when he was four years old while walking with his aunties and grandmothers. He believes cooking is one of the oldest rituals we’ve got and it brings families & communities together. At the Oorala kitchen he will share his passion and love for Australian bush tucker with his exciting fusion of flavours.
Locals and visitors have the chance to join in the celebration of Oorala’s 30 Years. Take a break from your routine and join us at the University of New England for a fun-filled community event.
The Oorala 30 Open Day will be well worth the visit.