2017: Online enrolment for next year opens at midday today; Tips on Unit selection/Course Rules; Cool search features!
We know it’s been a hot topic and we’re glad to be able to say that online enrolment for 2017 Units goes live at midday today (Wednesday December 14) … here’s a couple of tips:
- Make sure you check your Course Rules for the year you started your degree (or, if you have changed rules, use the year rule that applies to you)
- Search for Units from the 2017 catalogue and remember, if you click the + button on the top of the Unit browse Units page
Once you click the full advanced search box will be revealed so you can search of teaching periods, Intensives, Units with Exams etc (image below)
- Make sure you check if there are intensive schools, when they are, and if they are mandatory/non mandatory
- If you require advice about degree selection, get in contact with the Progression Specialists at Student Central (either by phone on 02 6773 4444 or via AskUNE)
- The system can be a little slow on the first day of enrolment (due to the volume of students enrolling, so wait a day or so if it’s not urgent. Get your Units picked and enrol when the initial rush dies down).
- Remember each Unit of study = 12 hours of work/week (approx) so make sure you match your load with available study time.
- Census Dates in 2017 have changed (mid March for T1) – read the full post here and jot those dates down!
Source: Ed – Student Support Team