INTENSIVE SCHOOLS: 13 things you need to know about Intensive Schools (if it’s your first time)

Published On April 4, 2016 | By ED | Intensive Schools

April Intensive Schools are just around the corner, so here’s our list of things you need to know if this is your first time on campus. Hit us up in the comments if there’s something you’d like to know that we missed …

  1. Accommodation: On-campus accommodation is booked out so have a look at staying in town (go here for info and bookings) or New England Girls School (Phone 02 6774 8700)
  2. Maps: We’ve put together a custom Google map which should help you find your way around (if we’ve missed anything let us know via comments on this post) and the official campus/College maps are available here.
  3. Buses: Edwards Coaches is the local provider so go here for the timetable and here for the latest bus route map.
  4. IT: Here’s all the info you need to get access to the high speed UNE network while you’re here (and yes you can arrange it before you leave home – Wired version and Wireless Version). FYI, some College Rooms (due to building materials) do not receive good quality wireless signal so make sure you throw an ethernet cable in your bag before you leave if you’re staying in College.
  5. Library: No doubt you’ll be using the Library while you’re here.
  6. ID Cards: You’ll need a student ID card – if you haven’t sorted yours out yet, head on over to the ID Cards site. And rather then getting them to send it to you, ask them to hold it and pick it up when you get here.
  7. Student Central: If you’d like to talk to one of the staff about your degree, Unit selection, options, changes etc, drop into Dixson Library and have a chat to the Student Central and book an appointment.
  8. Parking: Make sure you park in the purple bays (more info here) and prices are $8/day or $15/Week (probably the cheapest option). Don’t run the gauntlet, the fines are significant!
  9. Mobile Phones: Coverage is pretty good all over campus and there’s a great UNE mobile app to help you find your way around – mUNE (Download for Andriod here or Download for iOS here).
  10. Food & Drinks: You have three options – Campus Essentials (which includes the newsagent and Australia post); Cafe Life in the northern courtyard and Booloominbah.
  11. Flexi-teller: There’s two on campus (Commonwealth and CashCard atm) located near Campus Essentials (click here for the map).
  12. UNE Medical Centre: If you need to see a Dr during your stay, contact details are here.
  13. Airport/Train Transport: Your best option is a taxi (02 6771 1455). There’s bound to be other students on your flight/train so please ask around and share the costs.

We’ll post as much info as we can about openings hours, food and coffee availability etc over the next few days here. What else do you need to know? Let us know via Comments and we’ll add the details to the list.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

8 Responses to INTENSIVE SCHOOLS: 13 things you need to know about Intensive Schools (if it’s your first time)

  1. Chloe says:

    I’d like to know about staying in College, I’ve paid but where do I get my key when I get to Armidale? Also, parking. Two different pages say two different things – is it free or do I need to get a permit? Where do I get a permit from?

  2. Gareth Jones says:

    Hi guys, is there anywhere I can view a map of where motorbike parking is located on campus? If not, I’d specifically like to know where the closest motorbike parking spaces are relative to the Natural Resources building – could you please let me know? Would save me heaps of time searching around when I get there…

  3. Is there any where to exercise after classes, such as a gym, indoor pool or circuit classes?

  4. Katrina McLeod says:

    I have read that staying on campus is booked out already… is this true? What are my other options with easy access to campus please?? and is there a bus from Coffs to the uni? Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *