SCHOLARSHIP: Engineering and Mining-Related Degrees; Indigenous students; details
Australian Indigenous Education Foundation-BHP Billiton Iron Ore 2013 Tertiary Scholarships for Engineering and Mining-Related Degrees: AIEF in partnership with BHPBIO are looking for the most outstanding, talented and motivated Indigenous students who are interested in successfully completing a degree in an Engineering or other eligible mining related discipline and then working for BHPBIO and becoming leaders in the business. This is a unique and highly attractive opportunity to learn from experts, develop a global network of colleagues, attend world class training, and build exceptional skills and expertise.
The Scholarship will cover: payment of residential accommodation, meals and other expenses at a university residential college of choice, up to a maximum of $20,000 per annum; an annual stipend of up to $2,000 per annum for text books and other materials, or other education-related expenses such as field trips; a living allowance of up to $6,000 per annum; an allowance of up to $2,000 per annum for compulsory fees; vacation internships and (following successful completion of degree) a place on the Graduate Program at BHP Billiton Iron Ore, Western Australia; and professional development and career pathways events with AIEF, with a focus on networking, skills and career development.
The eligible degrees are:
- 1. Engineering – Civil
- 2. Engineering – Control Systems
- 3. Engineering – Electrical
- 4. Engineering – Environmental
- 5. Engineering – Geotechnical
- 6. Engineering – Mechanical
- 7. Engineering – Mechatronic
- 8. Engineering – Metallurgy
- 9. Engineering – Minerals Processing
- 10. Engineering – Mining (Open Cut) (Minerals Processing or Metallurgy)
- 11. Engineering – Mining
- 12. Science – Chemistry
- 13. Science – Earth (Geology) (Geology/Geoscience, Earth Sciences, Science/Applied Science with major in Geology/Geoscience)
- 14. Science – Environmental (Environmental Science/Health, Environmental Management, Science with major in Ecology or Environmental Studies)
- 15. Science – Hydrology (Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering)
- 16. Science – Spatial (Surveying)
- 17. Other mining-related degrees as approved by AIEF.
Applications are now open for 2013, and attached is the Scholarship Information Brochure and Application Form, which we would love for you to pass on to students you think may be interested and your broader networks. Please note that if you are aware of any student already living in residential college accommodation that is studying an eligible degree and might be interested in being considered for an AIEF-BHPBIO Scholarship in 2012, we would encourage you to provide AIEF their details as soon as possible in order for an application pack to be sent.
Important: 2013 Scholarship applications close on Friday, 30 November 2012.
For more information please visit http://www.aief.com.au/scholarships/aief-bhpbio-tertiary-scholarships.aspx or contact us on (02) 8373 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org