TIP: Do your thinking/drafts/writing offline; once ready, post online

Published On October 6, 2009 | By ED | News

Last week the Student Support Team was talking to a student about losing some information they had posted to an online Unit as a result of a power outage (we all know how frustrating that can be when you’ve worked on something for several hours and all of a sudden it disappears).

It occurred to us that the best tip we can give is to do all your thinking/drafts and writing offline and then once it’s ready (been spell checked etc etc) then post it to your online Unit.

Have you got a workaround for something that’s been annoying you? If so, let us know so we can pass it on to other students.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

5 Responses to TIP: Do your thinking/drafts/writing offline; once ready, post online

1. Michelle Coates says:

My workaround: For students who are never in one place!

I now have a google email address (gmail). It includes a calendar that others can access with permission, a document reader and google documents.
    This way, I can access everything from any computer without worrying about external storage.
    This has been much safer than carrying around my laptop or forgetting to store files on a usb. Last week I was at the State Library and saw a frantic student who had lost their usb stick.

2. Hello. Great job. I did not expect this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!

3. top lamps says:

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my cousin were just preparing to do a little research about this. We grabbed a book from our area library but I think I learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there..