Michelle Yates

February 18, 2012, 7:00 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

Wow…. It has been a really long time between posts

I have done two field seasons of collecting baseline data on pollinators and parasitoids in North West N.S.W now. I have found some interesting results, I discovered a new bee species, and I got to spend 6 months out in the bush collecting data in 2011. At the moment I am processing my pollen data (I swabbed each of my 700 bees, flies, beetles for pollen), which is no easy feat. My parasitoids are with a taxonomist in the U.K. being formally identified, while my native bees have all been identified. Currently I am in Bristol working with my co-supervisor, and so I have a wealth of information avaliable to me I would otherwise not have; my co-supervisor has an extensive pollen reference library, and considering a lot of plants from my sites in Australia are from european origin, this is very helpful. I will also be doing a presentation in Goettingen, Germany, while I am over here, going through my results.

Comments Off on