Dr Anthony Dona from Clarivate Analytics will conduct a training session between 10.00 AM and 4.30 PM on Wednesday, 21 August in the Letters Room – on the entry level of Dixson Library.
10.00–10.45 AM Where Should I Publish? – Using Web of Science, JCR and Endnote to Inform Manuscript Submission
- Find the right journals with Manuscript Matcher
- Find highly-cited journals in your field with Journal Citation Reports
- Find which journals have published the most papers on your topic.
11.00 AM–12.00 Noon – Build your identity
- Author identifiers – Researcher ID & ORCID
- Set up your ResearcherID account
- Find your publications in Web of Science and claim them to your ResearcherID account
- Add your publications to ResearcherID
- Transfer publications between ResearcherID and ORCID.
- Search WoS by ResearcherID or ORCID
- Understand how to export information from your Researcher Profile (creating a list of publications).
- Learn to calculate total citations, citation trend data and h-index.
- Learn which citation indicators to use at a researcher level.
12.15–1.00 PM Identify Collaborators – Use Web of Science Core Collection to identify potential collaborators within your field of research
- Which authors are writing the most papers on your topic?
- Who are the authors of Highly Cited and Hot Papers on your topic?
- Who are the authors of the most influential papers in emerging areas of research?
- Which authors have cited you?
- Who are the authors writing on your topic with the most citation impact?
2.00–3.00 PM What is your scholarly impact?
- Citation counts in Web of Science
- Analyze the citing articles
- Determine your h-index in Web of Science
- Citation baselines in Essential Science Indicators
- Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers
- Author performance metrics in InCites Benchmarking & Analytics
- How much interest has your work generated?
3.15–4.30 PM Benchmarking institutions using Incites
- Organisations Tab
- Compare an Institute
- By size
- By discipline
- By region
- Filter Bar
- Collaborating Institutes
- Ranking collaborations
- Choosing Metrics
- Metric bar
- People, Research Area, Journal, and Funding Agency explorers
Advanced Incites Benchmarking institutions
- Develop strategies to evaluate institutes that are contextually comparable.
- Contrast institutes based on volume output overall or within subject areas.
- Understand the pitfalls of comparing departments or institutes from different regional contexts, varying funding models or different research areas.
- Develop an overview (output and performance) of the institute’s key researchers and their areas of collaboration.