Do you need to submit a dataset?
It is a University requirement that any data and supporting materials generated by researchers are archived in Research UNE. This also applies to HDR students who generate data as a part of their PhD thesis. See the below flow chart to determine if you need to submit a dataset as a requirement of your PhD conferral.
How do you submit a dataset?
1. Visit RUNE: https://rune.une.edu.au/web/
2. Sign in using your UNE credentials;
3. Click “Submit Your Research”;
4. Select the publication type “Dataset” from the “Manual Submission” dropdown;
5. Follow the prompts to enter your record.
What do you need to include in your submission?
There are a number of fields in the submission form that are crucial to accurately reflecting your dataset in the repository.
The following fields are compulsory to complete your submission:
- Publication date;
- Field of Research (FoR) and Socio-Economic Objective (SEO) codes.
The following fields are optional to complete your submission, but it is highly recommended that you fill these out. If any of these fields are missing, the Research UNE team may be in contact with you to finalise your submission.
- Key words;
- Primary contact;
- Dataset custodian;
- Open access and access rights;
It is crucial that you upload all the data and related materials that are required to reproduce the results recorded in your thesis. This can be done via the submission form, by electronic transfer (USB or external hard drive), or by sharing your data with cloud-data-archiving on Cloud.UNE.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the repository team via email@example.com