You are here: UNE Home / UNE Blogs / The Lunchbox

UNE walks the walk with campus tours

The University of New England’s (UNE) summer series of campus tours will run throughout December 2011 and January 2012 showcasing the oustanding residential, academic and sporting facilities, along with the student support services, on offer at UNE.

Hosted by experienced UNE Student Ambassadors who are keen to share their great experiences with prospective students, tours will run mornings and afternoons, Monday to Friday. Tours take approximately 2 to 2.5 hours to complete and allow prospective students and parents the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the campus prior to enrolling or before arriving for orientation week.

Student Ambassador Matt Godman said “It’s great to see the parents and prospective students warm so quickly to the campus when I show them around. They are always impressed with our Residential Colleges and the Sport UNE facilities, but I think the best response comes when I tell them about how well I am supported by the academics and student support staff. I just want these people to experience UNE and have the same opportunities that I have had, they will love it.”

Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes and a hat as the tours take participants off the bus regularly to explore the facilities and hear about the rich history and traditions of UNE.    

Campus tours for individuals and school groups can be arranged throughout the year by appointment .

Bookings for tours can be made at une.edu.au/campustours. Please note that UNE Campus Tours will not be run between 16 December 2011- 9 January 2012.