UNE

PEER SUPPORT.

Welcome to the UNE Peer Support Program.

The Student Support Team coordinates the  Peer Support  Program as part of its engagement and retention activities at UNE.  This involves placing new students who have indicated they would like support for their first trimester of study with another student preferably studying in the same discipline and who has successfully completed at least 2 years of study.

Supporters contact their allocated new student/s regularly during the trimester providing assistance with links to support services, tips on how to use e-resources at the Library, working your way around the system/website and reassurance and encouragement on those tougher days.  Because the majority of UNE students are based off-campus these supporter relationships are predominantly via email and phone and involve students from all around the world.  For more information or to participate click here to register:   http://askune.custhelp.com/app/surveys/peer_support

15 Responses to PEER SUPPORT.

1. Kitisak Rearngkeaw says:

Hi,
    I am doing MA in Politics and international studies, a 1 year course work programe. This is my semester 2.
    I wonder if I can enrol in the HUMS 507:Minor Research Project
    or not because my study programe is a course work programe.
    And, What is different between Reading Unit and Minor Reseach Project Unit that is provided in the elective unit table.

Thanks

2. Nick says:

G’day guys

I am a part-time student living in Melbourne and studying a LLB by correspondence from Summer School 2010.

It would be great to see if there are other students in Melbourne doing the same thing. Can anyone suggest a way I might be able to get in contact with these students? I would like to try and get into study groups with them.

Many thanks,

Nick

• ED says:

Hi Nick,

We don’t have a system in place at the moment but are working on it. Some students are using Facebook groups for just that.

Ed – Student Support Team

3. jhoson says:

Hi I am looking at intensive school next semester. I am first time mature aged student can you please tell me the most economical way to do this and when do I do this? In am doing a Bocswk and looking at doing Unit HSSW100 in April 2011.

many thanks
    Julia Hoson

4. Kate says:

Hi Nick

I am also an external LLB student, commencing Semester 1 2011 living in Melbourne. I would definitely be interested in creating a study group etc.

5. Mayaz says:

Gday Nick/Kate,

I’m from Sydney doing the LPAB course, last semester, and now transferred here to get the Bachelor.

I’d be interested too in joining a study group.

Cheers.

6. Frances says:

Hello everyone

Would you mind sending an email into studentsupport@une.edu.au with your requests about intensive schools, forming study groups etc and we will do our best to direct you to the most appropriate area and also assist where we can.

Also as Ed has mentioned earlier, the Student Support Team’s Facebook site is a good place to chat with other students as well.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Frances from Student Support

7. stephen says:

hi i am just starting to study social work form this year as a off-campus student living in Sydney. It would be great to see if there are other students in Sydney doing the same subject. otherwise it is required that we have to submit a group project as a part of the assessment.

Cheers,

Stephengshine

8. Margaret NAGY says:

S.O.S. I am looking for a mentor – doing Evidence at the monent.

Would love to hear from someone.
    Many thanks
    Margaret

9. David Boyd says:

I am a first time student and will also be studying in line. Can anyone tell me when I can pay my fees and will I be notified when I can start my course?

10. My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was once entirely right. This put up truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

11. franzie michell says:

Hi
    i ‘m needing a mentor asap!
    i m enrolled in BLAW1 and the unit LS100 Introduction to Legal Systems and Methods
    i live in parra area 2142 (syd)
    m: 0439596922
    s.n. 220047337

12. Sasan says:

Hi, everyone.
    Im a 1st time student studying Grad Dip of Psychology. Would love to be in touch with anyone interested in helping each other in studying. I live in Merrylands, NSW.
    Regards,
    Sasan