The advice is provided without any cost, in a confidential appointment and is not subject to any means test. As a result, the advice sessions are available to any person who would benefit, subject only to this office ensuring beforehand that the Legal Aid NSW does not have a conflict of interest.
Appointments are necessary and can be made by contacting this office on 6766 6322. If Legal Aid NSW can be of any other assistance to your organisation, please ring our Tamworth office.
Source: Adele Forsyth – LegalAid.]]>
“Healthy Relationships: Doctors in Australia want to help you avoid sexually transmitted diseases and unplanned pregnancies. This session covers the cultural, social and legal issues relating to sexual health for Men and Women. This workshop is run by Family Planning NSW, a leading expert in sexual and reproductive health.”
Campus Map: https://my.une.edu.au/dynamic/maps/une/#E11
E11 Floor map: http://www.une.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/11731/E11.pdf
Source: Bronwyn Gilson, UNE International]]>
2015 is the centenary of ANZAC so holds special significance as we join to commemorate the landing on Gallipoli in 1915. It is the day on which we remember Australians who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations. The spirit of Anzac, with its human qualities of courage, mateship, and sacrifice, continues to have meaning across our nation.
Details for the service are as follows:
Source: Francesca Stahlut, Office of the Vice Chancellor]]>
Depending on your personal circumstances, here are some of your options:
1. Missed an assessment task/Assignment: Contact your Unit Coordinator in the first instance. If required you can also apply for a Special Extension of Time.
2. Missed a Mandatory Intensive School: Again, contact your Unit Coordinator in the first instance. The options available will depend on the Unit (i.e. Science pracs, Professional Registration requirements). If you did need to drop the Unit because you were unable to attend you could apply for a Remission of Fees (you will need evidence – stats decs, photos etc) and there’s more info on that process here.
3. The ongoing cleanup will affect your ability to study: You could apply for Special Consideration or Remission of Fees if necessary. You could also chat to your Unit Coordinator about how flexible they can be with assignment submission.
4. Unhappy with Outcome: If you are unhappy with the outcome of contact with staff in relation to provisions, please raise it via the Student Grievance Unit who can escalate the matter to your head of School on your behalf.
5. Need to chat?: If you need to chat about your options, please contact Student Central on 02 6773 4444 or the Student Support Team directly on 02 6773 4430.
Source: Ed, Student Support Team]]>
And there’s a bit more info over at AskUNE.]]>
Areas of NSW have been severely affected by recent weather conditions. UNE is aware that we have students in the affected areas of Sydney, the Central coast and the Hunter Region whose current study may be impacted by weather conditions including damage, flooding and power outages. We want to assure all students that should you be affected, UNE will respond quickly to relieve the stress that this may place on your ability to study.
You can notify us by contacting Student Central on 02 6773 4444 or more information is available through our web site http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/my-course/managing-my-course/disaster-affected-students
Note that the web page is compatible with mobile devices.
Source: Greg Balcombe, Director DSAS.]]>
When students self-enrol on this site, they can access all available services.
Source: Helen Patterson, Academic Skills Office
When is the Writing Centre open? Starting on Monday, 20th April and continuing until the end of T1, Mon. – Fri.: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 – 4:00 pm & Sat. – Sun.: 2:00 – 4:00 pm.
How do I make an appointment? Book a half-hour appointment by writing on the sign-up sheet on the door of Room 135 on Level 1 of the Dixson Library.
Where is the Writing Centre located? Level 1 of the Dixson Library
What about walk-ins? Tutors will work with walk-ins when they are not busy working with students who have already made appointments.
Note: This is a new service which is being rolled out to on-campus students in T1 and is expected to be available to off-campus students from the beginning of T2 2015 (with plans to make support available via phone/email/Skype/Adobe Connect).
Source: Lyndall Nairn, Academic Skills Office]]>