UNE

CONTACT.

sst_cropped_boollawns_small

The Student Support Team (L-R): Ed, Blake, Rachel, Lisa, Jacinta and Frances.

If you can’t find the right person to talk and need a little bit of support with your university experience, contact the Student Support Team and we’ll send you in the right direction.

Contact us via email studentsupport@une.edu.au or via the Student Support hotline on 02 6773 4430. If we are not answering, please leave a message (including your contact number and the best time to return your call!) We are keen to make sure that you get the support you need.

51 Responses to CONTACT.

1. Ellaouise says:

Just wondering when i can expect to receive a response to my application to study at UNE in 2010. I know applications closed on November 30th and I was wondering when the cut off date for being offered a place was?

2. ED says:

Hi Ellaouise,

That will depend on how you made your application (direct, QTAC etc) and placed are generally offered through into the new year. If you’re concerned give the Student Centre a call on 02 6773 4444.

Ed – Student Support Team

3. Hi

I cannot access the UNE website – I just can’t load it when I can load all other usual suspects.

My ISP provider says everything is fine after going through a series of tests. My router provider for wireless says everything is fine after going through hours of elimination and suggests UNE’s firewall might be too strong or going through maintenance. Please help!!! I need to do my research before uni starts as I work full-time.

Regards
    Candice

4. Sally says:

Hi

Having the same problem all day yesterday – no access to the UNE website and it is still inaccessible today. I’m doing Summer Semester so this not good.
    Regards
    Sally

5. Jane says:

I hear on the radio the lecturers aren’t “communicating” marks due to industrial action. Will it get a mention on the “Insiders’ Guide”?

6. Patrick says:

Who do I talk to regarding a transfer from a Master of Health science (herbal medicne) to the graduate diploma of Health science (herbal medicine). This is my 2nd year in the Master of Health science (herbal medicne)

• ED says:

Hi Patrick,

Get in contact with the Student Centre (02 6773 4444) and they’ll be able to give you all the details.

Ed – Student Support Team

7. Shannon says:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of people searching for housemates. I’m moving to study at UNE in 2011 and was looking for a house off-campus. Is there a local paper I can look at or does the Uni have a place for people to contact one another?

Thanks

8. Shar says:

Hi,

I’m an external student and I’m trying to find the unit topics to study for 2011 for units such as BIOL110. Where can I access these so I know exactly what topics I need to be studying from the textbook and other sources?

Cheers

• ED says:

Hi Shar,

You’ll find all the info in myUNE (on the myStudy tab). Here’s the link: https://my.une.edu.au/

You won’t find much info there until closer to lectures starting (Feb 21) but Units generally open two weeks earlier so you can start on readings etc etc.

Ed

9. Martin says:

Hi,

Not sure if one has been created by why not create a UNE online notice board where students can post items for sale, comments things of that nature?

Cheers,
    Martin

10. Skye says:

I was wondering when the units will go live for semester one, 2011?

11. Darlene says:

Hi I am thinking of withdrawing from my course as i am not coping with all the demands. When is the cut off to withdraw and if its too late whats the penalty? Thanks

12. Blake says:

Hey Darlene, send an email to studentsupport@une.edu.au and we’ll sort everything out for you.

13. Blake says:

Hi Danian, get in contact with the Oorala Centre, oorala@une.edu.au or (02) 6773 3034

14. Pham Thi Hong Nhung says:

I am a Vietnamese, going to come on July, 2011. I want to find another vietnameses to help me at the begining. can you help me?

• ED says:

So can, get in contact with the International Office who specifically look after you guys: 02 6773 3192 and they’ll be glad to help you out.

Ed – Student Support Team

15. Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

16. Khanh Van says:

Hi,

I’m from Vietnam, an ADS student from Hanoi and will be UNE student next semester, I already have an offer and a visa and wondering when the pre-departure kit arrive. My friend, also ADS student and lives Sai Gon, received it last month. So, please let me know whether the kit is on the way.

Also, I will bring my family to Australia during my stay, I would like to contact the right person to get the letter of “No objection to bring family along” for lodging visa in Vietnam. Please give me the right contact.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you

17. I do like the way you have presented this particular difficulty and it really does provide me personally a lot of fodder for thought. Nevertheless, coming from just what I have observed, I only hope when other opinions pile on that folks continue to be on point and in no way embark upon a soap box of some other news du jour. Still, thank you for this exceptional piece and whilst I do not really concur with it in totality, I value the viewpoint.

18. Nathan says:

Gday, Ive just started studying after a long time in the work force. Im a bit rusty with my essay writing skills, is there any help available to get me up to scratch?
    cheers

19. Andrew says:

Hi Ed,

Am an external, part-time Dip. Ed. student, also interstate. About to begin first year of this degree after having taught full time for 22 years already, in both private and state schools. Have read over the ‘compulsory prac’ details needed to complete this course. I am very concerned about the fact that I need to take 50 days ‘off’ work to complete the prac chapter. Surely there is an easier way or alternative to doing this, as my full-time job demands doing this everyday with both primary and secondary classes of students. I have also been informed that I may need to perform this prac at a school that I don’t teach at. Is this the case? It would be extremely difficult to afford to pay bills if I am required to work for 50 days without an income over the three year course. Also, many other universities list their Dip. Ed. course as only 2 years. Curious as to why UNE has a 3 year course? Apparently, there is a (as listed) ‘Mandatory intensive school for three days’ listed under External Unit Offering (EDAE955). Is this a typo, or is that more time off work as well as a flight to get there and motel accomodation for me? My apologies for all the questions, its not your fault. The more I read, the more confused I seem to be getting. Thank you in advance for your expert knowledge and experience.

20. Fermin says:

This is a great point to bring up that many aren’t talking about. Thanks for the perspective.

21. sexy girls says:

A golden hammer breaks an iron gate. – German Proverb

22. To help make says:

I unintentionally ordered far too a great offer foodstuff of any dimensions Iams pet cat or promotional codes. That’s definitely a high-quality pet food products. We have it on clearance at Wal-Mart to get a few on the littlest pocket. If you’d like many them, you’ll want to PM me and we could obtain the work done just about anything. Thank you! We use this foodstuff things for our pet dogs and it is really basically very good. The earlier time I obtained a issue, struggling through the goal bags on sale for the most recent tab (generally they’ve product revenue into the time about the thirty day period, so I fill time). These bags have a coupon e-book in them, which built-in a coupon with your puppy foods. I need them w the producer and this card to acquire which will bring the bags for being stacked within of a bag under. I believed I could depart really should they want to grasp lots of unquestionably all people.

23. Julianne Ree says:

Hey! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. With thanks!

24. Ilker says:

Who won the “where do you study” competition from Trimester one??? No email, no notification…was it just an exercise to mine our data and to populate your photo pages?

25. Darcy Ruchti says:

I really wish I hadn’t seen this as I actually want one now!

26. Melanie Street says:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!
    Student Support team have been so helpful to me on numerous occasions. I realised you probably don’t get all the recognition you deserve! I would just like to say again. Thankyou for all that you do to help, and for keeping us all updated with the things going on through the blog. I greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards, Mel.

27. Miriam Portela says:

I am currently studying a Bachelor of Business off campus and working full time. I am finding it difficult to know what to read through and by what date this should have been read.
    Im new at University and have only studied through Tafe so please help.

the units I am covering this trimester are the following MM110 and AFM101/217 any help would be really appreciated.

28. Asia Olsen says:

I have five assignments due and I and so many reading to do and this is my only first year and I really can’t do it.

29. James MacDonald says:

Hey. I am really struggling at UNE at the moment. I am not sure how it all works. it’s all new to me and i am struggling with moodle and doing the tasks. I am just really struggling on what to do and where to be and things like that.

30. Kate says:

Is there a course list for tri 3 for end if this year? Trying to sort out. Units.

31. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style and design is perfect, the subject material is very good. “I delight in men over seventy. They always offer one the devotion of a lifetime.” by Oscar Fingall O’Flahertie Wills Wilde.

32. El-Qattani says:

Hi,

Does anyone know when the 2014 handbook is released? I.e., list of units etc.?

Cheers.

33. Madonna Rogerson says:

Hi there
    I can’t access the study guides via the hotlinks. Is there another way? I used to be able to just click on to the hotlink when it came into my message homepage…I found them very helpful!
    Madonna

• ED says:

Hi Madonna,

I’m not sure what you mean – would you mind giving us a call so we can have a look for you? 02 6773 4430.

Ed – Student Support Team

34. Genevieve says:

First point:
    Looking at enrolling today. Followed process to create account, and logged in. No visible access the MyUNE and the MYENROL clickable object as shown in the ‘How to Enrol Guide’ in the Blog page.

Second point:
    For usability, the ordering of these comments should be reverse-chrono. Most recent comment appearing at the TOP of the list of list of responses to “CONTACT”

35. Bezaye says:

Hi there,

Where exactly shall I get a second hand book shop in and around the UNE campus?
    Cheers