MOODLE: Link colour changed; what do you think; feedback details

Published On May 23, 2012 | By ED | News

The Moodle Team has changed the colour of links in your online units (to bold green). What do you think? Comment on this post and we’ll pass it on or email the Team via servicedesk@une.edu.au and let them know.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

19 Responses to MOODLE: Link colour changed; what do you think; feedback details

1. Katherine says:

The green is not very pleasing to the eye. It is harder to read.

2. Ryan says:

The Green is TOO Bright

3. Mike says:

I like it. Clean and obvious links.

4. Mel says:

I like it. Its easy to see where the links are.

5. Rebecca Berg says:

The more amazing thing would be to have the photo (of the students w autumn leaves) on the home page changed – I think it has been the same since 2008!

6. Jane says:

To be honest – I hadn’t noticed the difference!

7. ene says:

I dont mind the green but I HAAATE the bold font ….it is so distracting and more annoying than useful.

8. Elizabeth says:

IT is bad, bad, BAD! I find it very hard to read now and causes me headaches. I am only 21 super annoying! PLEASE change it back or get rid of Moodle altogether!

9. Mick says:

Sorry, guys,
    Bringing in any change to the interface at the end of a trimester just before exams and with all sorts of deadlines looming is only distracting and irritating.
    Cheers.

10. Melissa says:

I think it’s better than what it was, it is bright and cheery and makes me want to keep searching for link I am after. :-)

I agree with getting rid of Moodle like Elizabeth mentioned; I expected so much more but got so much less. It is so hard to find anything. Remember how the other program had icons; they were much better.

11. Tanya says:

I like the green, but the bold is really hard on the eye and difficult to read.

12. Miche says:

Please get rid of the bold. It is way too bright, and just brings a ‘clunky’ look to the interface. In my unit, where the discussion links are all listed together; my screen is now a sea of bright green. Not particularly happy jan.

13. Heidi Holt says:

It’s been easier to indentify headings

14. cassandra says:

i have trouble focusing my eyes at the best of times and have to wear glasses/contacts just to see. changing to this colour is unacceptable CHANGE IT BACK

15. Stacey says:

The bold makes it difficult to read and the page now looks very cluttered. I can’t remember what colour it was before but the green seems okay, just not bold.

16. Connie Rolfe says:

Sorry, I don’t like it either. The way it was was much better. The bold makes it very difficult to read. We could tell where the links were just fine before because they were a different colour to the regular font.

17. Kirsty says:

The bold makes it very difficult to read – it’s too bright. I don’t mind the green but some people may find it too dull to read (when not bolded). Could you please change it back to how it was? Thanks.

18. Coralie says:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it! Especially coming to the end of trimester. I thought the CSS had failed. The bold is hideous … Sorry folks … Bold should be for headings only.

19. Lynda says:

The bold is terrible. The colour is not that great either. Please change it back before the start of T2…

Cheers, Lynda