MOODLE: iPhone/iPad/Ipod App now working; details and instructions

Posted by | February 06, 2012 | News | 20 Comments

To celebrate the opening of the Moodle Units today (see previous post) we thought we’d also direct you to the myMoodle App that’s now working (woot) with the UNE version of Moodle!

It’s not a UNE app so we don’t actually provide support for it (was built by the lovely Moodle people) and here’s the instructions:

1. Download myMoodle via http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/my-moodle/id461289000?mt=8 (iTunes link)
  2. Settings are as follows:
  • Site URL: http://moodle.une.edu.au
  • Username: Your UNE username i.e. student@une.edu.au (just use your username and not the @une bit)
  • Password: Your UNE password

We’re not aware of an Android app but if you’ve come across one please let us know! Happy mobile moodling everyone :-)

20 Comments

• Natallie Hipkiss says:

I have been trying for ages to get the moodle app to work and finally tried with the actual login I use on the une website. Don’t use your email address for user name just the ordinary one you use and it works ;-)

• Chloe says:

When I try to log in it says, needing moodle version 2.1 or later

• Brendan Hamilton says:

Is there an andriod version coming out soon?

• Vicky says:

I keep getting an error message saying the URL site is invalid..??? Can anyone help :-)

• Alan says:

Hey Chloe, I had the same message, try a double slash in the url address

• Grant says:

Well I’ve had no trouble downloading or logging in, but I’m underwhelmed. I admit my expectation was wrong in that I expected to be able to actually see a mobile version of my subjects in moodle, but this is not the case. To be honest, this app as it stands is rather pointless.

• Cathie says:

I’m not sure I understand how this is for the Ipad. Its very small, more like its made for an ipod or iphone. Maybe when I get an Iphone I may find it helpful.
    As an Ipad user, I think its easier to just access my.une.edu.au and enter moodle that way and at least I can see the site in a larger version- you can’t enlarge the moodle app on the ipad.

cheers
    Cathie

• Llana says:

I think there is a moodle for android – it’s not awesome, but it might make some people’s lives a bit easier – it’s called droodle. I tried connecting, but figure something needs to be configured on the IT side of things.

• Leisal says:

I also received the “must be 2.1 or later” error message. I used a double forward slash in the URL.

• Leisal says:

Correction: I had mistyped the URL… logged in now.

I’m hoping that this app might allow me to listen to podcasts etc while commuting between UNE and home.

• Jane says:

There only seems to be an iPhone app, is that correct? Obviously it works on the iPad but is not an iPad app, right?

• Sam says:

I get the 2.1 or higher required message as well

• cdbragg says:

Yeah… Droodle is the “okay” Android moodle app – but can’t get mine to work either.

Just says wrong username/password – but I’m using the correct one. No other info provided! Android support would be good.

• Sarah says:

I just went to the App Store on my iphone, did a search for “My Moodle” and found and downloaded it, entered moodle.une.edu.au as the site address, plus my user name and password and it works fine..

• Karina says:

I’ve tried a few times now from my iPhone and I keep
    Getting the same message about 2.1 verison!

• Helen says:

If you are getting the message: 2.1 or higher required

check the URL you are entering

its HTTP not HTTPS
    its moodle not yourmoodle or mymoodle (as the prompt on the screen suggests)

(the error being returned may be misleading … i got the above error and it was down to a typo)

• Wendy says:

Make sure that you type the address exactly as shown here – http://moodle.une.edu.au and not https://
    The example in the app shows the address as https://

I initially did it like that and got the message about the site needing Moodle 2.1 or higher. When I changed it to just http:// it worked.

• Sophia says:

Works great :) . All my info travel ready!

• Michael Rowe says:

I use an Asus tablet and just log on as normal. The only issue I have is DRM rights in eReserve. I can download the PDF’s but have no permissions to open them.
    Same thing on my phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia), I don’t bother with mobile versions I just log in. I haven’t run into any issues since I gave up on mobile/tablet versions.

• cassie says:

still awaiting the nokia E63 app :( as for the DRM rights download adobe digital editions its a great program for etexts