INTENSIVE SCHOOL(S): Starts Jan 9; 11 things you need to know; funky google map :-)

Published On December 22, 2011 | By ED | Intensive Schools

Intensive Schools kick off again on January 9, so here’s our list of things you need to know if this is your first time on campus. Hit us up in the comments if there’s something you’d like to know that we missed … we’ve also put together a custom Google map which should help you find your way around (if we’ve missed anything let us know via comments on this post) - click here for the Student Support Team’s Google Map.

1. Accommodation: You have two options, stay on campus in one of the colleges (On Campus Accommodation page for Intensive Schools) or staying in town (go here for info and bookings)
  2. Maps: Grab your maps here (Whole campus mapAcademic Area mapand town map).
  3. Buses: Edwards Coaches is the local provider so go here for the timetable and here for the latest bus route map.
  4. IT: Here’s all the info you need to get access to the high speed UNE network while you’re here (and yes you can arrange it before you leave home - Wired version and Wireless Version.
  5. Library: No doubt you’ll be using the Library while you’re here. Here’s the opening hours and here’s how to print and photocopy when you get here(Youtube video).
  6. ID Cards: You’ll need a student ID card – if you haven’t sorted yours out yet, head on over to the ID Cards site. And rather then getting them to send it to you, ask them to hold it and pick it up when you get here.
  7. The Student Centre: If you’d like to talk to one of the staff about your degree, Unit selection, options, changes etc etc, drop into Dixson Library and have a chat to the Student Centre and book an appointment. The Enrolment and Progression Team will be on hand for after lecture meetings.
  8. Parking: You’ll need to organise a parking ticket while you’re here ($4/day from one of machines in each of the carparks) or if you’re here for a few days, the most cost effective option is a weekly pass for $10. You can grab your pass from the Cashier located in the Credit Union office underneath the Bistro.
  9. Mobile Phones: Coverage is pretty good all over campus but if you’re a Telstra customer you’re well served with a tower right next to campus.
  10. Food & Drinks: You have three options - Campus Essentials (which includes the newsagent and Australia post); Delicafe in the northern courtyard and Booloominbah.
  11. Flexi-teller: There’s two on campus located near Safety & Security (click here for the map).

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

20 Responses to INTENSIVE SCHOOL(S): Starts Jan 9; 11 things you need to know; funky google map :-)

1. make money says:

Really tremendous issues here. I am very happy to peer your post. Thank you so much and i’m having a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

2. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it

3. I truly enjoy looking through on this site, it has wonderful posts. “And all the winds go sighing, For sweet things dying.” by Christina Georgina Rossetti.

4. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. Nevertheless imagine if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could certainly be one of the best in its field. Excellent blog!

5. Usually I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very great article.

6. I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta admit thankyou for the post on this great one : D.

7. I’m really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?

8. For anyone who is interested within the environmental hardships, it could gift all of them are aware that to bring about merely 1 field hard more than just a little flowing shoots reasoning far better liters pertaining to oil and gas to bring about. dc free mommy blog giveaways family trip home gardening residence power wash baby laundry detergent

9. thank you for sharing this. this is very good info ;) i will follow your blog..

10. Keep up the good piece of work, I read few content on this web site and I think that your site is really interesting and contains bands of excellent info .

11. Kids says:

This really is the worst write-up of all, I’ve study

12. DRESS CODE: BUSINESS CASUAL | BLOGHOPPED

13. Fantastic post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

14. Discovered your report extremely exciting without a doubt. I genuinely enjoyed examining it and you make really some great points. I will bookmark this internet site to the potential! Relly wonderful content.

15. bieber uk says:

Identified your article very exciting indeed. I really liked reading it and you make pretty some great details. I will bookmark this web site for that foreseeable future! Relly excellent content.

16. Maryalice Dy says:

Great post, I think people should acquire a lot from this weblog its really user pleasant. “Choose your pleasures for yourself, and do not let them be imposed upon you.” by Lord Chesterfield.

17. Dwain Lalor says:

I used to be very pleased to search out this internet-site.I wished to thanks to your time for this excellent read!! I positively enjoying every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post.

18. pendants says:

Uncovered your report very intriguing without a doubt. I actually really enjoyed browsing it and also you make pretty some excellent points. I will bookmark this website to the potential! Relly fantastic report.

19. Admiring the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you present. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

20. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
    However think of if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
    Your content is excellent but with images and
    videos, this website could certainly be one of the very best in its niche.
    Terrific blog!