Intensive Schools kick off again on January 9, so here’s our list of things you need to know if this is your first time on campus. Hit us up in the comments if there’s something you’d like to know that we missed … we’ve also put together a custom Google map which should help you find your way around (if we’ve missed anything let us know via comments on this post) - click here for the Student Support Team’s Google Map.
- Accommodation: You have two options, stay on campus in one of the colleges (On Campus Accommodation page for Intensive Schools) or staying in town (go here for info and bookings)
- Maps: Grab your maps here (Whole campus map, Academic Area mapand town map).
- Buses: Edwards Coaches is the local provider so go here for the timetable and here for the latest bus route map.
- IT: Here’s all the info you need to get access to the high speed UNE network while you’re here (and yes you can arrange it before you leave home - Wired version and Wireless Version.
- Library: No doubt you’ll be using the Library while you’re here. Here’s the opening hours and here’s how to print and photocopy when you get here(Youtube video).
- ID Cards: You’ll need a student ID card – if you haven’t sorted yours out yet, head on over to the ID Cards site. And rather then getting them to send it to you, ask them to hold it and pick it up when you get here.
- The Student Centre: If you’d like to talk to one of the staff about your degree, Unit selection, options, changes etc etc, drop into Dixson Library and have a chat to the Student Centre and book an appointment. The Enrolment and Progression Team will be on hand for after lecture meetings.
- Parking: You’ll need to organise a parking ticket while you’re here ($4/day from one of machines in each of the carparks) or if you’re here for a few days, the most cost effective option is a weekly pass for $10. You can grab your pass from the Cashier located in the Credit Union office underneath the Bistro.
- Mobile Phones: Coverage is pretty good all over campus but if you’re a Telstra customer you’re well served with a tower right next to campus.
- Food & Drinks: You have three options - Campus Essentials (which includes the newsagent and Australia post); Delicafe in the northern courtyard and Booloominbah.
- Flexi-teller: There’s two on campus located near Safety & Security (click here for the map).
Filed under: INTENSIVE SCHOOL