In accordance with the ITD’s scheduled maintenance window plan, the next maintenance event will occur on Saturday 20th March 2010.
Please note that this was previously advised as being extended to a full day, however analysis of the work scheduled to be performed is such that the window can be limited to a half day.
ITD will be performing maintenance work between 6:00am and 1:00pm and as a result of this the following services will be affected:
1. Access to the University phone systems will be unavailable for approximately 20 minutes between 6am and 7am.
2. There will be minor disruptions to network services throughout the morning. The nature of these minor disruptions is due to individual network switches being updated and restarted throughout the maintenance window. These will be kept to a minimum and made as brief as possible.
3. The Photo database application will be unavailable for 2 hours between 6:00am and 12noon.
4. The Library’s Edocument application will be unavailable for 2 hours between 6:00am and 12noon
5. UNIX mail users will experience an outage for approximately 2 hours between 8:00am and 12noon
6. All web services running on UNE’s main web cluster will be down for approximately 2 hours between 8:00am and 12noon – services include Uportal, MyUNE, www.une.edu.au , www.staff.une.edu.au
7. Mail user may experience brief disruptions during the outage whilst mail.une.edu.au’s SMTP service is migrated to new hardware
8. A brief outage to BlackBoard may be experienced
9. Staff will experience a brief outage to the Barney network storage , domain authentication and printing, whilst servers are patched and rebooted
10. Blackberry users will experience a brief outage, whilst servers are patched and rebooted
11. Staff and Students may experience disruptions to GlobalScan whilst it is migrated to a new server
12. McAfee users will experience a brief outage whilst the server client is upgraded
13. Staff and Student utilising applications that run on ITD’s windows server will experience brief and rolling outages whilst the servers are patched and rebooted – inclusive of Exchange, departmental web sites, domain servers, citrix environment, timetabling etc.
This event is one of a regular schedule of maintenance windows during which essential upgrades and maintenance improvements are applied to University systems. A schedule of maintenance windows for 2010 has been finalised, circulated via UNE-Official list and available on the ITD website. Please check these dates before planning any additional events that may require I.T. services or support. Schedule times may vary to cater for important events such as residential schools and notices regarding the schedule of maintenance windows will be posted on the ITD Services Announcements web page before each scheduled window.
Should you require any further information or wish to provide feedback in anyway please contact the Service Desk team on 02 6773 5000 or via email@example.com.
We thank you for your co-operation and apologise for any inconvenience caused.