Yes, it is indeed that time again.
The FOURTH Annual ITD Conker Challenge is well and truly on.
Friday 20th March 2009 in the ITD Breakout Room, Level 3 C34 @ 2pm.
Will reigning champion bheywoo2 dare return to defend his title or will kday3 make sure the ladies take the podium once again?
This year the entry fee has been entirely abolished, there is absolutely no charge and the winner of the contest will take away and retain for an entire year, the Annual ITD Conker Challenge Trophy engraved with their UNE userid.
What do I do?
- You submit a comment on this page saying you are up for the challenge
- You are automatically entered into the draw and will receive an email with further details
- You will be provided with FREE conker and string on the day
1. All Conkers and Strings are supplied. Strings must not be knotted further or tampered with
2. The game will commence with the toss of a coin, the winner may elect to strike or receive
3. A distance of no less than 8″ or 20cm of string must be between knuckle and nut
4. Each player takes three alternate strikes at the opponent’s conker
5. Each attempted strike must be clearly aimed at the nut, no deliberate miss hits
6. The game will be decided once one of the conkers is smashed
7. A small piece of nut or skin remaining shall be judged out, it must be enough to mount an attack
8. If both nuts smash at the same time the match shall be replayed
9. Any nut being knocked from the string but not smashed may be re-threaded
10. A player causing a knotting of the strings (a snag) will be noted, three snags and you’re out
11. Players not present within 2 minutes of each round starting will forfeit their gam
12. Rob is able to change rules at his absolute discretion and at any stage
13. UNE, ITD and Rob are not responsible for any injuries sustained
14. Where any dispute arises, refer to rule 12