Applications are invited for 2 Technical Officer Positions, one within Southern Beef Technology Services (SBTS) and one within Tropical Beef Technology Services (TBTS). A full outline of each organisation and the position description can be accessed from the project websites http://sbts.une.edu.au or http://tbts.une.edu.au.
The successful applicants will both be based in Armidale for a training/initiation period for at least 6 months. Following this, the SBTS position will continue to be based in Armidale, while the TBTS position will be relocated to Rockhampton.
Key duties include:
- Provision of technical support to beef cattle seedstock businesses in relation to the application of genetic technologies such as BREEDPLAN, selection indexes, genomics and mate allocation software.
- Provision of technical support to Breed Societies including advice to Technical Committees and Boards.
- Delivery of extension activities including on-property consultations, email & phone support, workshop/webinar presentation and facilitation, compilation of articles for Breed Society publications and general development of technical documentation.
Desirable criteria for the position include:
- Tertiary qualifications in fields of Agriculture or Science. Specialisation in genetics or animal breeding would be favourable.
- Knowledge and experience of the beef breeding industry.
- Knowledge of beef cattle genetic improvement technologies.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A willingness and ability for extensive travel.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a national extension team.
- A passion for the Australian beef industry.
A salary package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
For further details on either position please contact Christian Duff on P: (02) 6773 2472, M: 0418 268 158 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Written applications including a cover letter and resume (please advise if applying for the SBTS, TBTS or both positions) should be emailed by November 7th, 2011 to:
Agiculture Business Reseach Institute
University of New England
ARMIDALE, NSW, 2351